Thursday, March 26, 2009
I just finished taking my marketing exam approximately 10 minutes ago. Although I had known that the course was not well designed and implemented, that fact finally sunk into me halfway through the exam....
1.The TA couldn't answer my questions because she didn't understand me. (and the Professor didn't show up for the exam)
2. All the questions contained horrible grammar
3. Some answers had answers within answers. Confusing isn't it?
For a school that prides itself on its top notch education, it sure does have trouble finding English speakers or Professors who, although technically aren't allowed to use Chinese to teach, do in fact use Chinese. Is that unfair?
My
Intro to marketing class has become a Professor Zhao's Philosophy of Marketing. Sometimes, I'm not even sure what we're learning. We spent an entire class on the existence and meaning of life...and another on Soap. More than that, during discussions, he has a set list of questions in his head he wants students to answer. And if you can't figure those questions out, you don't get participation points. Hurray....
10:05 AM