Thursday, January 29, 2009
So I've been back for 2 days now. It's definitely been busy (well quiet in the school since it's Chinese New Year). We got hot pot, saw fireworks, and just met people. I also found that I have a slight case of jet lag...like for the first time in years. x[p Anyways..
IT'S SO COLD HERE!
Coming back was surprisingly a lot harder than I thought it would be. I must admit that after going home, I found things to be slow and of course no one has changed. Meaning, everyone's still doing what they have been doing and doesn't really go out of their way to do something new. But I suppose that's expected, I guess I just wished that people would have been more interested in hanging out and catching up (or just making time to say to each other). But regardless, when leaving Sunday, I realized that I didn't want to come back. And now that I'm back, I find that I miss my family and Jon so much more this time around. Although I think this lack of excitement to come back is due partially to the fact that everyone except Carol and Jonny (and the rest of them UK people) are gone.
Yesterday, I picked up the guy (and discovered a whole new part of the HK airport I had never known and gotten hopelessly lost in) who is currently staying in Narrain and Misha's old room. It made me sad! And Wineke (sp?) is staying in Sha and Michelle's and some guy from USC (i think) is staying in Lance and Chang's. Well, at least I have the opportunity to meet so many new people, they're a great group and from quite a few different areas too!
Top 5 "I'm from..." places I've heard so far:*
1 . IL (or Chicago)
2. Georgia
3. France
4. Michigan
5. Canada
*no particular order by the way.
10:48 AM