Saturday, December 27, 2008
-Part 1
Thanks to the wonderful effort of some fabulous people (Jon, parents, James, and Cherry), I have managed to come home to really chilly SoCal after almost 20 hours of airtime!
Today, when we were pulling into LAX getting ready to land, I had looked down at the city and smiled. I had thought to myself, "Space! Spread apart buildings, wide streets!" and I pretty much shed a tear. After skipping around through customs (where Spanish permeated the background*sigh* home sweet home), I got my luggage (after they fixed the electrical problem that prevented the cargo doors from opening), and waited for my mom. All in all it was simple, albeit chilly, and good...Unfortunately, not for Jon. My poor dearest had an 8 hour delay in Hong Kong, another delay in Canada, which resulted in his now cancelled flight (and him being stuck in Canada currently), and the airlines lost his luggage! So props to you baby, for suffering through all of this with just the clothes on your back and a backpack!
As chilly as it is here, I'm glad to be home. It's nice to have mommy and James near by, and to see all my friends again (or will soon to see). Thank you Tony for stopping by, and bringing with him Mikey and Andy. It was nice x). I have no clue what I'm going to do in LA for the month but I know I'm going to enjoy it (and hopefully slim down some LOL).
Oh man! Cali is chilly these days. But then I realize poor Bob is in Wisconsin, Brandon in Michigan, and Misha in Minnesota, where snow is verrrrrrry abundant, and I don't feel so bad anymore! Sorry guys! miss you x)
P.S. Misha! The exchange rate is horrible right now. I'll mail you HKD and you save it until the exchange rate is better...or I'm sure you'll return to Hong Kong some time in the future? LOL. I'll put some USD in it too! So don't be grouchy!
-Part 2
Sorry to everyone I forgot to say goodbye to, but stay in touch!! I really did want to...we just all had different schedules and I ran out of time! So some quickies real quick to those off the top of my head:
Trips down memory lane:
Misha: We were in Taipei, that tourist thought you were my husband -__-- and later, you wanted to bring Russian beer back to Hong Kong, and apparently we had to check it even though we bought it at the airport. We almost missed our flight! Luckily we had a nice flight attendant help us. And of course, the stupid 5k.
Julie: You and your fake coach bag! Silly goose x) The symbol for coach is C not G. <3>
Cherry: There's so much! But uh...we were in the library studying *cough* and I forget who asked you to write in Chinese and you forgot how! Silly. Thanks for helping me get the ticket too!
Michelle/Brandon: LKF. Dick whipping, balls kicking, Fatality. Enough said! adoooooore you Michelle! you're the most adorable person I've ever met! hahaha.
Bob: Best piece of meat you ever ate was at outback from Tiff in Hong Kong. Medium Rare prime rib. Yum!
And of course there's always more. But Jon found a flight home...so it's time for bed so I can crank an exercise with my mom in the wee hours of the morning and pick Jon up right after!
<3
4:31 PM